From CMB-S4 wiki
Back to Argonne 2018 main page
Parallel session P2-3: Forecasting - the extended science case for the Decadal (chairs: N. Battaglia and C. Hill)
Notes from session (Tuesday, March 6, 09:45-10:45)
Extending The science Case (ETC) P1-3, P2-3
- JC - We want to identify what’s unique and who’s going to do it. Think about writing white papers.
- SA - X-ray measurements will be very precise and high-resolution, we need to make sure we emphasize the strength of the kSZ, high redshift, low mass, large radii.
- JC - Need to get buy in from Galaxy Formation people, have them sign on to white papers
- LB,SA,AS - We should be strategic how we talk about baryonic effects on cosmic shear and LSS
- JK,LN - Advertisement / Outreach to broker community through conferences, talks, etc.
- JB - Should we have have one set of simulations. Many opinions…
List of topics
- Galaxy evolution and feedback (kSZ and tSZ)
- Synergies with imaging surveys (kSZ)
- Growth of Structure as function of redshift
- Add Cluster constraints into neutrino and Dark energy chapters
- Legacy catalog and High-redshift galaxy formation