UMICH-2015: CMB-Lensing Summary
From CMB-S4 wiki
- Lensing maps will be sample variance limited over broad range in L
- Lensing B-modes come from a range in E modes
- Lensing phi-reconstruction on different scales have different demands on E/B measurements
- Delensing needs to be done
- Quadratic estimator delensing leaves some contamination
- CMB lensing & cosmic shear with galaxies are nicely complementary
- measure calibration biases in galaxy shear
- different probe of galaxy shape intrinsic alignments from large-scale tidal fields (same tidal fields cause CMB lensing)
- "Be better"
- quadratic estimators are not enough, need to do either something iterative or something using sampling
- Propagate missing modes (i.e., anisotropic noise, E/B separation, etc.) & foregrounds into delensing
- write down the matrix magic which does this
- are there any issues with radio point sources or Galactic dust?
- general foreground bispectra & trispectra can be measured to inform possible contamination of lensing reconstructions
- e.g., simulate toy model for high-ell polarized dust through lensing estimator
- revisit cmbpol systematics estimates with S4 sensibilities
- Forecast CMB lensing-galaxy lensing x-corr exploring intrinsic alignments, shear calibration biases
- Forecast CMB lensing-galaxy clustering x-corr for neutrino masses
- Forecast galaxy cluster mass measurement accuracy for different beam size & sensitivity [CMB lensing & how many clusters]
- pol-only to avoid SZ, or multifrequency?