At the Chicago meeting it was agreed that it would be useful to provide common inputs for all science forecasting, to include extra-galactic foreground, galactic foreground and noise maps at a range of frequencies. It was further agreed that, in order to support the widest range of uses, these would be provided as all-sky HEALPix maps at Nside-8192.
Possible sky-model inputs are:
- Extra-galactice: Alvarez/Battaglia/Bond, PSM
- Galactic: pySM, PSM
Please add to these lists as appropriate.
Inputs will be hosted at NERSC, where everyone is welcome to sign-up for an account under the "Data Analysis for Post-Planck CMB Experiments" allocation (PI Borrill). The files will then be located in the shared CMB-S4 file space (/project/projectdirs/cmbs4). In order to manage this space, all files stored there should be owned by the cmbs4 project account but accessible to the cmbs4 group. To do this:
- log in to the cmbs4 project account following the instructions [here]
- sync the files to an appropriate subdirectory in the project space
- ensure that the permissions are set appropriately (g+rX,o-rwx)
Remember to include a README and to post the details on this wiki page.
For any NERSC issues, including access to the filegroup and/or project account, please contact Julian Borrill.
Data Challenge 1
Intended as a simple test to develop our practice, compare spectral- and map-based forecasting, contrast different map-based codes and methods, and coordinate r and non-r science forecasting.
- Instrument specification:
|Beam FWHM (arcmin)||tbd||tbd||tbd||tbd||tbd||tbd||tbd||tbd|
- Scalar, tensor & non-Gaussian CMB: Borrill
- Planck cosmology + interesting values of r, f_NL
- Extragalactic foregrounds: Alvarez/Battaglia/Bond
- Galactic foregrounds: pySM/Ben
- Nside 512 maps with delta-function bandpasses delivered at 20, , 30, , 40, 45, 50, 60, 70, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 120, 140, 145, , 155, 165, 195, 215, 220, 235, , 270, 280, 340, 350, 400, 545, 860 GHz (CMB-S4 + S3, WMAP, Planck & LiteBIRD frequencies)
- Noise: homogeneous isotropic matched to N_ell
- Masks: TBD